Monday, February 16, 2009

The Gifts...

Oddly enough, MCS has brought me many gifts, and I"ll tell about some of them in the following blogs. Sure, I often want to leave this planet, think of ways I could easily exit, wish I wasn't born, feel like I have Alzheimer's, and despair for my "lost" years. But the divine people whose paths I've been blessed to cross (such as the two brilliant and incredible Annies who lead me to practices that are healing my brain in different ways) and the things I've learned, sometimes, strangely, make it all seem worthwhile.

The following story is about the first Annie I met, seven years ago, and a practice she taught me which helps me to feel much more grounded and clear-headed, as long as I practice this regularly while surrendering to the Universe...

Some people are drawn to places for their beauty, others are drawn there by community, others by an energetic "pull". I like to think that I was drawn to the magical BC island where I learned Reiki by all of the above, perhaps with karma being the source.

After several months of doing mostly Barbara Brennan healing, which showed me that the brain is actually an energy field throughout our entire body and can be healed so that we feel whole again, I found myself on the magical island of Salt Spring where, after several weeks of house-hunting, I surrendered on a yoga mat.

I just innately sent out a prayer into the surrounding ether, as I did my deep inbreaths, that I find the perfect house. Little did I know that manifestation can work so quickly while one is moving energy, and that my new landlord would offer both me and the yoga teacher rooms in her house (well, I overheard the offer to the yoga teacher and I asked if she had anothe room I could rent too!). I needed the energy of a female household after living with a person who knew no boundaries.

Within a couple weeks, Brenda's friend, Annie Klein came to visit, took one look at me lying slumped on the couch oblivious to all the laughter between the two and announced, "you need energy and I can teach you how to bring some in for yourself." Little did I know that I'd have to travel 5000 kms (from Toronto) to meet one of my greatest karmic guides. And, initially, I scoffed, but thought I'd try it. "After all," I thought, "What do I have to lose?". The healings others were doing on me were costing me $90 a week and to remain sane, with my brain injury, I seriously needed them daily.

After a couple hours training, I had Reiki Level 1, but my stubborness hadn't given out yet. I would wait for 8 months to seriously try it on myself, so great was my disbelief I could actually do self-healing like this. I was back in Toronto, lying on the bed of a Howard Johnson's hotel (where I was living till I found a place), and felt like a truck had driven over me. I seriously thought someone would find me dead. "Well," I thought, "Things don't enter my life by sheer coincidence, and meeting Annie was too special, so in honour of both her and myself, I'm going to try this."

I quieted my mind, announced to the universe that "now I'm doing reiki" and just travelled my hands over the chakras of my body. By the time my hands reached my waist about 25 minutes later, I had felt such a woosh of energy enter my body and felt so clear-headed, I jumped out of bed, called Annie long-distance and thanked her for truly giving me an amazing gift..and saving my life.

The grace of reiki is many things, for many people. In my case, reiki saved my life, made me whole, returned me to my sense of self after years of loss from multliple chemical sensitivity due to lead and mercury poisoning which had me often in a state of stupor so severe I could barely function; so bad was it that I had to leave my education in a medical school. But such was the grace that I came to be introduced to reiki which was one of the greatest life gifts than any other I have ever received in my life. And when I do have a huge setback from some huge toxic exposure (such as the recent propane poisoning), I turn to reiki, the Universal Energy, and within time, she brings me back.

The following posts will detail the other gifts I've received along the MCS journey and the woman who told me I'd one day see this "as a gift."

No comments: