Saturday, November 22, 2008

The letter

This may give some people a good laugh for the day. It's from one MCSer to another (myself) and she's even worried about renting to me...not that I blame her! But I think I can work it out since it's in warm weather and open windows help alot...I kept her name annonymous . I"m trying to go to california for a month so that I can take a much-needed yoga retreat, be in warmth, sleep with the windows open, go for long walks and get more oxygen to my brain....here's her letter...

From: Fellow MCSer
To: envirolisac@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:25:41 PM
Subject: Re: APT IN SANTA MONICA

HI,
I have to think about it..I am just concerned..I myself do not have the energy to help with such matters ...I know what a nightmare I have been when I was really sick..you have told me you move from place to place..it sounds still very critical..I am not sure I can take the stress myself..you are very nice and I appreciate your being for sure..I just have to make sure...I am going to sit with it for the night...please make sure you have a back up plan..regardless what if something bothers you here and I can't do anything about it..I have to let you know I can not refund your money..it goes to rent and it is gone and financially I can't do it from me being sick I am scraping by myself from spending it all too from being ill...sooo..mm let me ponder it..
Thanks\many blessing for healing....
Fellow MCSer

Here's mine back to her....

Dear Fellow MCSer:
Thanks for your concern. Seriously, even though it's been very stressful being denied rentals by so many people due to my illness; being turned down by someone else whose been ill is kind of humorous in a way! Actually, if I ever become a standup comic, I'll add this to my material! I may even put your letter (making you annonyous!) in my mcsrecovery.blogspot.com blog!!

So please consider this: my idea is for me to pay for a month, try it a couple weeks, and if it doesn't work, here's FOUR different ideas: you can put me in your other condo if no one has rented it yet, or I share it with someone, or I find another place or I just come back here!! (and you still keep the rent). If I had to leave and found you someone for the rest of the time, I'd get paid back; otherwise not.

But hopefully we can make it work out. As long as you don't think your carpet is moldy from all the steam cleaning, the other roomate doesn't use hairspray or perfume in the bathroom (it's not good for your health either), and she's respectable and kind, it should be okay.

I can just sleep with the windows open partially as I did last night in the carpeted hotel. It's much warmer there at night than here in BC!

Lisa

anyways, tonight I'm off to Fairholme Manor B&B in Victoria for the week--the best B&B you could find for MCSers on the island, and the only one I've felt good in (affordable for me for a week!).


1 comment:

linda said...

I have been in the position this other woman is in, and it isn't funny. Our CNS can become so toxic and fried that we cannot deal with a lot of anything. Or with anyone who has a lot of energy. ALL of our energy goes to living through the day. Once one passes a moderate level of reactions and becomes more severely affected, MCS room-mates rarely work out, because what one has left on the ok list, the other cannot be near. And any level of excitement just frazzles the CNS too much. So don't knock it if you haven't experienced it. Be grateful that you still have the energy and the options to travel so much while looking for safer accommodations, as many of us don't, and struggle to simply survive.