Friday, December 5, 2008

Leaving once again

Yesterday was the last day of cleaning up my apt at Jane's (where I basically lost two months' rent). I took the last few bags out--it only took me about two weeks to move out of there fully since I could only handle it in there for an hour at a time even with the windows open. I ended up with about 15 boxes of stuff--papers, clothes, computer stuff, vitamins, juicer, printer, etc.. Which to mail back to Toronto, which to keep here? I decided to just keep the necessities here so that when I do find a place, I'll have what I need handy.

I UPS'd five boxes, gave five more to a friend to hold, and five are in a small storage that I'll use while I'm here. I've repeated this tiring cycle many times in the past six years of coming to BC to escape the pollution of toronto.

Luckily, the tenant below (Corrie) was quite empathetic and understood why I had to cancel my rent cheque when I mistakenly bounced the $2000 cheque I'd written to the therapist giving me brainwave training (I thought she'd cashed it and she hadn't until too late). Now I had none left for rent when I had to rent a new place!

Corrie was quite empathetic and has been one of my angels of late during a period which has turned into an unexpected nightmare (Maybe should have maybe just rented the good place I saw a few months ago even though it was quite near hydro tower fields!). Then she gave me a big hug goodbye. For a person who has never met an MCSer, she's been an angel in disguise.

No comments: