Friday, January 9, 2009

New year; new start

I'm hoping to finally get much better this year. At the end of the last year, I left a home with suites with real hardwood where I actually wasn't feeling too badly if I slept with windows open (bit difficult during major blizzards though!). Left primarily due to extremely noisy housemates. Here are my resolutions for this year:

-Do much more accupuncture and reiki and yoga (they're saving my life).

-Follow the lead of my friend and health coach, Annie Hopper (anniehopper.com) who remarkably, completely healed herself of MCS. She may be one of the most remarkable and disciplined people I know.

-Finish the research and grant applications to finish my MCS documentary and book.

-Publish my yoga book "Stories From the Yogic Heart" (at www.yogastories.net) by March (this one I'm most sure I can pull off!).

Right now, I'm living in place #1 for this year, and hoping that I live in a max of 3 for 2009! I have to leave this one earlier than expected because it's got laminate flooring (though Annie could now handle it!) not engineered hardwood as they think. Otherwise, it's beautiful, by a lake with swans, and scores of cedar, fir and arbutus trees (I'm on Vancouver Island!). Here's what's happening:

I come in and my jaw starts quivering like Parkinson's almost and stays like that as I go to bed. This type of reaction hasn't happened to me in years, and happens to me very rarely and is a sign of something quite "off" . The electric heat doesn't help, but the landlords said the flooring was engineered hardwood (real hardwood on top) but it actually feels like plastic (laminate).

So, I compared the stairs in here (which feel and look normal) to the rest of the plastic-feeling floor that lines the living room, kitchenn and bedroom, took photos and went to the Rona store to compare and feel floorings, and I'm 99% sure that only the stairs in here are real hardwood and the rest is plastic (worse when I turn the heat on in here, of course).

I may go to Vancouver tomorrow to check out a shared house (where ironically, one of the woman is an environmental consultant who meditates!). Stay tuned, especially since I finally have to report on the remarkable Brain State treatments I had, and more. Quantum physics rocks!

No comments: