Sunday, October 26, 2008

The first day of your recovery

Today is day one of my recovery zine, a zine I have begun because I have a book to write to help others, but first it starts with a blog. I have a dis-ease I need to heal, I have a story to tell, and I have the millions of others around the world with this illness who don't know what is happening to them, to reach.

Ten years into this illness, I've learned much and I learn more every day. And lately, I've encountered several treatments which are getting me closer to my former fantastic state of health and I'm going to bring them to you daily, as well as offering updates often--a health diary of sorts--which help me realize which foods and treatments help me daily; it's a diary similar to one which you may wish to begin for yourself as well--a calendar of your symptoms: when you feel better, what caused this? When you don't, what caused that? Then, when you refer to it later, you can take the road best travelled.

Today is the first day of your road to recovery. You are not crazy, you are not alone. The environment is crazy, our diets are crazy, the mercury fillings in our mouths are crazy, and we have poisoned ourselves with all. This is the reality. Your illness is real, but you can change this.

Environmental Illness (aka. MCS or multiple chemical sensitivity) was recognized by the Canadian Government as legitimate; so legitimate, in fact, that all treatments for it, including vitamins, are not taxed.

The first tip for recovery is believing that your illness is real but paradoxically not dwelling on it. Instead, use your energy positively--in taking action by doing things which help you--yoga, clay baths, enemas, colonics, reiki, avoiding toxic people: whatever helps. Flip every negative thought into a positive one as the adrenaline caused by the negative will just make your symptoms worse.

And, to help you begin to believe in yourself, check out the fantastic book: "Allergic to the 20th Century" by Peter Radetsky which some of the science. It was my first step along the road to recovery--recognizing what had happened to my body and it may be the first step in your recovery, as well.

All the best,
Alisa Miriam Cherry B.Sc.
www.lisacherry.ca

No comments: